Horton’s Kids Is Making a Difference!
Horton’s Kids offers year-round, comprehensive programming to provide children in grades K-12 with the academic, enrichment, and health and basic needs supports they need to graduate from high school ready for college, career, and life. The high school graduation rate for Horton’s Kids participants is nearly twice the neighborhood average. Additionally:
- Horton’s Kids serves 500 children each year.
- 90% of older youth are on track to graduate from high school.
- 94% of children improved their literacy skills last year.
- 82% of children engaged in regular physical activity through Horton’s Kids sports activities, pool trips, and summer camp last year.
- 92% of children improved their food security or maintained a very high level of food security last year.
- Horton’s Kids distributed 36,225 meals to children and families last year.