Horton’s Kids Is Making a Difference!
Horton’s Kids offers year-round, comprehensive programming to provide children in grades K-12 with the academic, enrichment, and health and basic needs supports they need to graduate from high school ready for college, career, and life. The high school graduation rate for a Horton’s Kid is nearly twice the neighborhood average. Additionally:
- 80% of high school participants are on track to graduate high school
- 73% of children in the tutoring program increased their reading scores during the 2013-2014 school year
- 65% of participants in the tutoring program increased their math scores during the 2013-2014 school year
- Nearly 70% of participants are enrolled in high-performing schools
- Children received more than 55,000 healthy meals in our Community Resource Center in the last year