If you share our core belief that every child can achieve, no matter their circumstance, you can help empower more Anacostia children to realize their potential. If you have a question about a donation, please contact Billy Fettweis at email@example.com or 202-544-5033 ext. 14.
There are a number of ways for individuals, corporations, and groups to support the Horton’s Kids mission and impact the children’s lives.
You can make a one-time or recurring donation online or mail a check to:
100 Maryland Avenue NE
Washington, DC 20002
“Home Runs for Horton’s Kids,” our annual fundraiser at Nationals Park, offers corporate sponsorship opportunities and individual tickets. Each year, more than 700 guests attend the event, which attracts support from more than 100 companies, a bi-partisan Honorary Host Committee, and Congressional staff. The unique, family-friendly event offers guests the chance to enjoy batting practice at home plate with Nationals staff, play catch on the infield, shag fly balls, meet Screech, and race President Teddy.
Introductions to Horton’s Kids
Horton’s Kids has structured opportunities to help supporters host one-hour coffees to introduce others in their social circle to the mission and work of the organization. Horton’s Kids also welcomes and supports groups who organize fundraisers, such as holiday parties or sports tournaments.
Horton’s Kids participates in the Combined Federal Campaign of the National Capital Area (CFC # 86543), the Community Connections Campaign at The World Bank, and other workplace giving opportunities. Many employers will also match your gift to Horton’s Kids. If you have additional questions, please contact your employer or Billy Fettweis at firstname.lastname@example.org or 202-544-5033 ext. 14.
An easy way to make a bigger impact is to double your contribution through your employee giving programs. Many corporations match employee donations to our organization.
If you volunteer with us, your employer may also provide us with a grant as a way to recognize your ongoing support.
To donate stock to Horton’s Kids, please complete the following steps:
1. Transfer securities. Please contact our broker directly for transfer instructions:
Horton’s Kids Account #: 631-040719-188
Make sure your broker includes your name and contact information in the text comment field of the DTC transfer screen.
2. Notify us of your stock gift. Your contact information may not transmit with the transferred securities, so it is important that you provide us with your name and contact information so that we can thank you!
Donors can help the children by organizing drives for seasonal needs: bathing suits and towels in the summer, backpacks and school supplies, Halloween costumes, food for Thanksgiving baskets, winter clothing, and toiletries year-round. Please contact Jenn Barton at email@example.com or (202) 544-5033 ext. 28 to receive a wish list and ask about other in-kind needs.
Sign up at amazon.com/smile and a small percentage of your regular Amazon purchases will be donated to Horton’s Kids.
Horton’s Kids deeply values all contributions to sustain our work. To protect the privacy of our donors and their relationship with Horton’s Kids, we maintain the following policies:
- We may request personal information, such as name, address, phone number, email address, and credit card number for the purposes of accepting donations to Horton’s Kids and remaining in contact with you.
- We will not release or use this information for any other purpose without your consent.
- We do not trade or sell your personal information with other organizations.
- We offer donors the option to be recognized anonymously.
- Donors may request, at any time, to not receive our solicitations.
Please contact Rebecca Jolliff, Senior Development Associate at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 202-544-5033, ext. 19 if you would like to update, correct or remove your personal information.