We are seeking a highly motivated, organized, detail-oriented student with strong project management skills, and an interest in non-profit management for Spring 2018. This position is a great fit for students who are interested in a nonprofit career and want to learn more about how nonprofits function, plan, budget, address staffing needs and regulatory compliance. This position reports to the Director of Operations who oversees Accounting & Finance, HR & Benefits, Facilities & Equipment, Business Operations and Grants Reporting. Depending on your interest, the internship can focus on any combination of these areas.
The Intern will work approximately 20-25 hours per week, depending on university program requirements and student availability.
Key responsibilities will vary depending on intern skill level and interest:
– Prepare for/assist with new employee and intern orientations
– Input and update employee information in Salesforce
– Perform background screening on new employees
– Research and organize training opportunities for staff
– Assist in tracking and reporting for federal and foundation grants
– Assist in preparing monthly and quarterly budget reports
– Assist in general office support including purchasing, and technology management
– Assist in preparation of RFP for bidding out contractor services
– Thoughtful and serious
– Able to work with little supervision
– Able to maintain confidentiality
– Extremely organized
– Great research skills and ability to compile information coherently
– Sincere interest in human resources, non-profit management or finance & accounting
Horton’s Kids staff works in a metro-accessible office located on Capitol Hill. Interns may be asked to work some evening hours, do some lifting, or assist at Horton’s Kids programs. This is an unpaid internship, but all interns whose internships are not funded by school or other grants receive a monthly $100 transportation stipend to defray commuting costs.
Applicants will be asked to undergo standard screening requirements including an FBI background check, Child Protection Register check and TB test. Applicants must be at least 18-years old. Horton’s Kids, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
If interested, please send your cover letter and resume in an email with the subject “Administration & Finance Intern Summer/Fall” indicating which semester you are applying for to firstname.lastname@example.org. The email and the cover letter should be addressed to Mr. Randy Marsh. No phone calls or drop-ins please.