We are seeking a highly-motivated person to serve as a part-time Afterschool Teacher.
- Assist with organizing and operating evening tutoring program and homework help. Schedule would be approximately as follows:
- Monday evenings, 4:30-8:30pm
- Tuesday evenings, 4:30-7:30pm
- Wednesday evenings, 4:30-8:30pm
- Chaperone students on buses to and from tutoring programs: assisting staff with supervision, behavior management, and safety assurance.
- Supervise tutoring rooms at off-site Tutoring: maintain tutoring protocols, track student and tutor issues, provide support to tutoring pairs.
- Assist staff and volunteers with behavior challenges during programs in a that helps model for them what positive behaviors look like
- Occasionally act as a tutor substitute, provide tutoring for children and communicating with tutors/volunteers about child concerns or questions.
- Previous experience working with older youth grades 8-12 experience working with at risk children preferred.
- At least one reference will need to be able to speak to the applicant’s ability to work with children.
- Strong behavior management skills.
- Ability to work well within a team and a strong belief in the mission of Horton’s Kids that all children can succeed when given the proper support.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Commitment to the mission and work of Horton’s Kids
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field preferred
- Minimum of one year of teaching experience with middle school students strongly preferred
- Strong positive behavior management skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills with ability to communicate professionally and effectively with staff, scholars, and families
- Comfortable with technology
The hourly rate for this seasonal, part-time, non-exempt position is $18 (for candidates without teaching certification) and $22 (for certified teachers) per hour.
All applicants will be asked to undergo a standard FBI background check, and will be asked to submit fingerprints, a TB test, and be certified in First Aid/CPR, once hired as mandated for working with children. Must be at least 18 years old to apply. Horton’s Kids, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
How to Apply:
Horton’s Kids is accepting applications now. Interested applicants should submit their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please specify “Older Youth – Afterschool Teacher ” in the subject line. No phone calls please.