We are seeking a highly-motivated person to serve as a part-time Tutoring Program Assistant.
- Assist with organizing and operating evening tutoring programs and homework help, as well as occasional weekend field trips in the DC area. Schedule would be approximately as follows:
- Monday evenings, 4:30-8:30pm
- Tuesday evenings, 4:30-8:30pm
- Sunday/Saturday afternoons approximately once per month (hours vary).
- Chaperone students on buses to and from tutoring programs: assisting staff with supervision, behavior management, and safety assurance.
- Help supervise a tutoring room: maintain tutoring protocols, track student and tutor issues, provide support to tutoring pairs.
- Assist staff and volunteers with behavior challenges during programs in a that helps model for them what positive behaviors look like
- Occasionally act as a tutor substitute, provide tutoring for children and communicating with tutors/volunteers about child concerns or questions.
- Previous experience working with children in elementary grades (K-7), experience working with at risk children preferred.
- At least one reference will need to be able to speak to the applicant’s ability to work with children.
- Strong behavior management skills.
- Ability to work well within a team and a strong belief in the mission of Horton’s Kids that all children can succeed when given the proper support.
Hourly wage starts at $13.00 per hour, commensurate with experience.
All applicants will be asked to undergo a standard FBI background check, and will be asked to submit fingerprints, a TB test, and be certified in First Aid/CPR, once hired as mandated for working with children. Must be at least 18years old to apply. Horton’s Kids, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
How to Apply:
Horton’s Kids is accepting applications now. Interested applicants should submit their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please specify “Tutoring Program Assistant” in the subject line. No phone calls please.