Every week, more than 500 dedicated volunteers provide crucial services to more than 500 children from Ward 8. Horton’s Kids’ volunteers have different backgrounds and come from all over the DC area, but they are united in their motto of “Changing Our World…One Kid at a Time.”
Horton’s Kids has hundreds of children who benefit from positive, individual attention from fun-loving, energetic volunteers! There are many ways to get involved that fit a variety of schedules, commitments, experience levels, and interests.
Make a Difference at Horton’s Kids’ Programs
- Tutor children in grades pre-K through 12 on Mondays or Tuesdays from 6:30-8 pm in the Rayburn House Office Building on Capitol Hill.
- Tutor children in grades pre-K through 5 on Wednesdays from 4-5:15pm in the U.S. Department of Education LBJ Building.
- Work with 7th-12th grade youth on math, writing, life skills, and enrichment activities on Mondays 6-7 pm, Tuesdays 6-8pm, or Wednesdays from 6-7pm at the Horton’s Kids’ Community Resource Center.
- Take children in grades pre-K through 12 on enrichment field trips one Sunday per month.
Year-Round Volunteer Opportunities:
- Help Horton’s Kids with our technology needs at our Community Resource Center and office; email Kavya@hortonskids.org for details.
- Work with older youth and parents on career and college preparation (ex. computer skills, resume building, scholarship applications, etc.) at our Community Resource Center.
- Help stock our Community Resource Center by organizing a food, clothing, or toiletry drive.
- Ensure Horton’s Kids programs will be here for children for years to come by helping us with fundraising projects; email Lisa@hortonskids.org for details.
- Use your graphic design or photography skills to help Horton’s Kids’ communication efforts; email Sveta@hortonskids.org for details.
3. Complete the Volunteer Screening – Check out the Volunteer Screening Information to begin volunteering with Horton’s Kids! Be sure to fill out and submit the documents below.
Please contact Mike@hortonskids.org or 202-544-5033 ext. 8 for additional information.